full_metal_ox: Alien seascape with Gothic castle and two moons. (rain)
[personal profile] full_metal_ox


https://i.imgur.com/KNBhPeP.gif
https://web.archive.org/web/20260626040810if_/https://ezgif.com/save/ezgif-557a83fa8275526c.gif


A looming full lunar disc is rising into a cloudy emerald sky above a small arc-shaped inlet encircled by palm trees, surrounding a thatched wooden cottage on low stilts; rain is falling at a ~23° angle from left of frame. The shallows lapping at the sands are a bright blood-red, perhaps tinted by the eerie lighting from the cottage’s windows and tiki lights; in the middle of the inlet rises a viridian mass that might be an algae-covered rock or a gigantic lily pad; the scene has the air of an artsy horror film by someone like Mario Bava. At bottom left in yellow and at bottom right in all-but-imperceptible magenta appears the signature “Baпeнмцнa”.

Source: the oldest reference I’ve been able to find for this GIF seems to be 19 March 2015 from design-warez.ru, which was defunct and up for sale by the time the website was captured on the Wayback Machine. A less luridly colored possible reference source at https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cKjVURFr-98/V5P9Ba0RsDI/AAAAAAALhqg/QM_ijhe4DYMyD7R0OgMI7pIsTTxQm1frA/w426-h569/11225302_1487883748172840_3077941018649052009_n.jpg is likewise gone, leaving only this Tineye.com thumbnail:



Baпeнмцнa, whoever you may have been, I’ve preserved this as best I know how.

Since I found this interesting...

Date: 2026-07-03 04:31 pm (UTC)
teres: A picture of an iguana (FSEG)
From: [personal profile] teres

I decided to look the GIF up with Google Images, since that's more comprehensive, and I managed to find an earlier appearance at the following website https://www.bloggang.com/m/viewdiary.php?id=pariyatorn&month=04-2011&date=26&group=8&gblog=4; it's near the bottom of the page there. The website seems to be a Thai-language blogging platform (which is still active), and the message the GIF is in is dated 29 April 2011. Here is the version I found there:

This one has no rain in it, so I presume that is an addition of Baпeнмцнa. I hope I've helped you a bit further!

Date: 2026-07-03 06:48 pm (UTC)
teres: A picture of a goshawk (Goshawk)
From: [personal profile] teres

Thanks for the further documentation! I think this is the first time I've found an image with such a detailed history attached to it. I also didn't know that archive.today could archive images on its own, so that might be helpful for the future.

you will have gathered from my moodboard posts that I consider Everything Better With Rain.

It certainly enhances the mood of this GIF; I'm not sure it's meant that way, but the weird lighting and the too-large moon fit well with the rain for an uncanny mood.

(I agree for AI; the only thing I passively use it for is Google's image search, since it's a bit better at identifying where pictures from films and TV are from... and since I need to do that quite often, it does help.)

Profile

full_metal_ox: A gold Chinese Metal Ox zodiac charm. (Default)
full_metal_ox

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
23 45678
9101112131415
1617 1819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 02:30 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios